As one customer amusingly put it after announcing our imminent E-commerce launch a few weeks ago; “Just when you thought 2020 was crazy, 2021 dishes up a C&J E-commerce website!”. That’s right Mr English (appropriately). And we weren’t joking!
It is with the greatest of pleasure, a pleasure that could not come soon enough, that we announce the launch of our new website and E-commerce department. Run and managed by a small team of expertly trained staff who have pledged to do their utmost to ensure our online customer service meets the high expectations of our retail customers.
Following our previous article, The Last Piece of the Retail Puzzle, we hope the Crockett & Jones faithful can understand the selfless reasons behind our lacking of a fully automated online sales channel. Times are quite different today and it was with no doubt that the time had come to get cracking with what turned into one of the most challenging projects the current management team had undertaken.
We do, and this comes from the heart, truly appreciate the continued support and commitment that our customers show to us day in day out. Without this appreciation for our products and services, it would not be possible. We have created a new division that will sit alongside our current bricks & mortar retail stores. It will be an extension of our stores around the world, sharing stock and product knowledge to ensure Crockett & Jones retail continues to thrive during this new era in the company’s history.
The project itself started early last year and quickly gathered pace as the reality of temporarily closing all of our retail stores began to hit home. Looking back, it seems quite incredible that the entire project has run its course without a single face-to-face meeting with our developers or system integration partners. The wonders of the internet…
Thankfully, the premises in which the E-commerce warehouse and Customer Care Team are situated was acquired a few years ago, in 2018. Jonathan & Nick Jones had the foresight to buy back the old coach house across the road. This once housed their Grandfather’s 1930s Bentley, either a Speed Six or an 8 Litre. The building was sold off during the companies near-demise in the late 1960s and has now risen to the occasion following a full fit-for-purpose rebuild. Our new home, 17 Magee Street, sits opposite the factory maximising stock efficiency with shoe making expertise on tap. Magee, for the keen eye, being one of the style names from our 140th Anniversary Collection.
All existing features from the previous site have been redeveloped on the new platform promoting familiarity for our current online audience. The recognisable menu and fully integrated search function make navigating the site a joy.
- A library of ‘Guides’ - Last, Style, Sole, Material - offer a different approach to purchasing your next pair of Crockett & Jones. An approach that works well for those customers who already know their favourite Lasts or have experience or recommendations of a specific sole or material.
- The Articles and Guest Authors live on, bringing you updates on new styles, seasonal sales and interesting company editorial. Make sure you sign up to our Newsletter!
- The World of Shoe Care, an education from the heart of Crockett & Jones retail and a full-bore masterclass on how to care for your Crockett & Jones shoes whilst enjoying a tipple if you so wish.
- An In The Making & Heritage celebration that showcases what truly goes into making a pair of Goodyear welted shoes.
- Direct Repairs. We will be accepting repairs directly to our offices enabling us to provide repair quotations and process repair payments online quickly and efficiently, in a bid to minimise the amount of time you are without your beloved Crockett & Jones shoes.
- Product detail pages have been enriched with an unrivalled level of information, providing our customers with the tools to make informed buying decisions.
- A Fitting Guide illustrates the importance of taking your time when choosing to buy Crockett & Jones shoes online for the first time. Our staff are here to help should you need it.
- My Collection enables you to build your own wish list of styles in your own account which is also where purchase history and your personal details will be held.
The website will launch with a multi-store setup covering the UK, US & ROW shipping destinations with the omission of Europe. Due to complication with Brexit, unfortunately we are unable to ship to European destinations until further notice. We are working hard to rectify this and will launch the EU site as soon as we possibly can. For a full list of shipping countries please refer to our Delivery’s & Returns page.
Thank you for taking the time to visit the new website, we very much hope it was an enjoyable experience and that you have found it to be a positive step forward for the future of our company. We are certainly excited for what we are sure is going to be an exciting journey for years to come and we look forward to getting to know our customers online!
Should you experience any issues during your time on our website please let us know. Whilst we have tested its functionality extensively, it is often the case that those interacting with a new site will stumble upon the odd issue here and there. Please do send us your feedback via our Contact Us form or social media, it will be most appreciated.
If you have any questions whatsoever our Customer Care Team are here to help. If we cannot answer your enquiry, we absolutely know someone who can.
Thank you once again.
Crockett & Jones Online!